Friday, April 22, 2011

Birthday Girl

There's a story behind this picture...It happens on the birthday of a five-year old girl:
"Okay, I am ready! I dress up nicely as a little princess. I already prepare a basket for you guys to put in extra gifts! Daddy and mommy already bought a beautiful cake for me last night! I am sitting in front of our house and waiting for you guys to come!  10:00pm, 11:00pm, 11:30pm, 11:45pm, 11:50pm, 11:55pm, 11:58pm, 11:59pm, 12:00AM......WHERE IS DADDY? WHERE IS MOMMY?? WHERE ARE MY FRIENDS??? I have been waiting for you all day long...My birthday has already past!!! I am gonna finish the entire yummy cake by myself! My birthday wish is each one of you will be as unhappy as I am on your birthdays!! Who told you all forgot my birthday??! No No No...It must be a dream... It must be just a sad ending of one of those scary fairy tales......"

Birthday Cake

Girl

Night Sky

Street Light



1. A picture of a sad girl sitting on the stairs.

2. A picture of a cute birthday cake.

3. Select the girl out, make her smaller, and put it on top of the cake layer.

4. Add shadow of the girl on the cake.

5. A starry sky picture.

6. Put the picture of the girl and cake on top of the starry sky layer.

7. Add the street lamps on top of the cake. Add some shadows below them. Distort them. And also use a yellow brush to brush on the lamps to make them looking like glowing.

8. Make a layer copy of the starry night, average blur it, put it on top of the cake,girl,lamps layer as soft light mode.

9. Add a warm photo filter, and mask out the sky.

10. Add a Sumi-e filter to make it look like children's book's illustration. Mask out the girl and add a brightness adjustment layer to the girl to brighten her.

DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment